It’s Friday, y’all! That means party time! First, a little programming note:
For months now, I’ve been wrestling with how to deal with “Link Party Highlights”. Naturally, I want to be able to highlight some of the awesome projects that are linked up week after week after week. I’ve tried a couple of different things.
First, I tried adding the featured projects to the beginning of the link party post every Friday. That’s all well and good, but the problem is that once the link party post is off of the front page of my blog, people won’t see those projects any more. (Do you ever go back in a blog’s archives and look through the link parties? I have on occasion, but I certainly don’t do it often.)
Second, I tried doing a separate “Link Party Highlights” on Monday mornings showcasing some of the projects. Again, that’s fine, but the same problem arises. Once that post is “off the radar”, people will likely not see that project anymore.
So, I think I have the solution. For the foreseeable future, Fridays will be all about you! I will use Friday mornings to feature projects from the previous week’s link party. Each project will have its very own post, and each project will go under the “Inspiration Files” category. That way it gets showcased in the main Inspiration Files gallery (as well as the appropriate Inspiration Files category page), and the projects are easily accessible by one simple click from any page on the blog via the main menu at the top.
My hope is that if your project is featured, not only will you get traffic from the initial feature, but you’ll have a much better chance at getting a trickle of lasting traffic since the project will be in a more prominent place on my blog.
Sound good? I sure hope so!
If you missed last week’s party, you can click here to see everything that was linked up.
So let’s get this party started, shall we?
A few reminders:
- Link only things that you have done yourself…diy projects, room makeovers, recipes, etc.;
- Please link projects that are new to A2D (repeats will be deleted);
- Link to a specific post (permalink), not to your general blog URL;
- Be aware that by linking your project to this party, you grant me permission to feature your project on other areas of the A2D site, including but not limited to the Inspiration Files gallery and the A2D Photo Gallery. I may also use your photo on the A2D Facebook Page;
- Grab a button and add it to your post (or your sidebar, or wherever…or just add a text link to A2D);
- Be sure to visit others and leave comments!!
Psstt…Unsure how to link up? Click here to see step-by-step instructions.