A couple of weeks ago, I told you about a chest of drawers I was refinishing for a young girl named Caroline. Well, I finally finished it, and I love how it turned out!!
It started out solid white with cute little crystal knobs, which was perfect for a little girl’s room.
Quite a difference, huh?!
After giving the whole thing a good sanding with my electric sander, I sprayed a couple of coats of Rustoleum primer in gray. Then I brushed on two coats of Behr interior latex paint in a satin finish. When that was really good and dry, I decoupaged scrapbook paper onto the center sections of the drawers using Mod Podge. Then I added very inexpensive wood knobs from Home Depot that were also spray primed and then painted with Behr latex paint.
The funny thing is that I’ve decoupaged several things before using Mod Podge and paper, but I’ve never been pleased with the final results because I always…ALWAYS…ended up with wrinkled paper. Well, I’ve finally learned the process. I’ve finally learned how to get the paper to remain perfectly smooth when decoupaging. I’ll share what I learned with you soon.
For now, here’s another side-by-side of the before and after:
I also made a coordinating headboard for Caroline’s room. It was quite unlike anything I’ve ever made before, and the idea could be easily adapted to fit any pre-teen girl’s room. I’ll share that with you later this week.
Update: Click here to see the coordinating headboard that I created for this room, along with the DIY instructions.
Do you have a piece of furniture that you’ve transformed with paint, fabric, paper, etc.? Want to share it on A2D? Send me your before and after pics! [email protected]
I’m linking this post to:
- DIY Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
- Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch
- Twice Owned Link Up Party at House of Grace
- Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie
- Get Your Craft On at Today’s Creative Blog
- Penny Pinching Party at The Thrifty Home
- Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design
- Whatever Goes Wednesdays at Someday Crafts
- Power of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking
- We Did It! Wednesday at Sew Much Ado
- Style Feature Saturday at Perfectly Imperfect
- Sundae Scoop at I Heart Nap Time