Hello everyone! Welcome to the seventh Addicts (not so) Anonymous Link Party! I’m excited to see what you’ve been working on this week!
I finally got my water-resistant DIY artwork hung above my kitchen sink. I love the way it turned out, and I’m so glad to have something other than plain white subway tile to look at while I’m standing at the sink.
I actually ended up sanding the wording a bit just to give it a bit more of an aged look. I’m not sure what it is with me and aged finishes lately, but I love them. I still kept the “frame” a crisp, clean white. I like the juxtaposition of the two finishes.
It’s amazing how such a little thing can bring such a big smile to my face. I just love the colors in this, and the colors couldn’t be more perfect for my kitchen!
I did make a frustrating discovery when hanging this piece, though. See if you notice it here…
So you see anything “off” about this? Yes, my lower cabinets and sink are not vertically aligned with the upper cabinets and light. So, if I hung the artwork centered on the sink, it’s off center with the upper cabinets and the light. If I hang it centered with the light and the upper cabinets, it’s off center with the faucet, sink, and bottom cabinets. I can’t believe I had never noticed this before! It’s not my doing. The cabinets on this side of the kitchen are the original cabinets that I kept.
Oh well…I ended up centering it with the sink and lower cabinets, and I know that probably nobody will ever view this straight on, as my kitchen is way too tiny for that. People will always view it from an angle, and it’s less noticeable that way, if it’s even noticeable at all.
I won’t tell, so you don’t either, okay?
If you’d like to see how I made my water-resistant artwork from a free printable graphic, click here for the instructions.
I’m linking this project to:
- Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
- Think Pink Sunday at Flamingo Toes
- Sunday Showcase Party at Under The Table And Dreaming
So now it’s your turn to show off what you’ve been working on!!
What should you post?
- Décor-related DIY projects;
- Room transformations (outdoor rooms, front porches, patios, and decks count, too!!);
- Furniture before and afters;
- Holiday décor;
- and any other home-related decorating item you’ve worked on.
What should you NOT post?
- Party ideas;
- Kids’ crafts;
- Your Etsy store;
- Your giveaway;
- and anything else not directly related to interior (or even exterior) decorating.
- Add the link to your specific blog post to the link party below (be sure it’s the permalink to a specific post, and not your general blog URL);
- Be aware that if you link here, your project may be highlighted here on the A2D blog, the A2D Inspiration files, or the A2D Facebook page (credited and linked to your blog);
- Grab the code for the button below and add it to your post so that others can join in the fun (or just add a text link on your post leading back here);
- Take a look at other projects linked up here, and be sure to leave comments so they know you’ve visited!!
Psst…Want to get sneak peeks and behind the scenes looks at my projects? Come join us on the A2D Facebook Page!