I think the last time I showed you the upholstered wall in John and Alice’s family room, it looked something like this…
Since then, I’ve added the dark gray (pewter) ribbon to outline the upper panels (I still have to do the bottom panels). And I’ve also moved the repurposed Craigslist dresser to that wall to hold the t.v.
The dresser was looking very small against that huge wall, so the wall definitely needed something to give it some oomph. It needed some drama.
So yesterday, I gathered a few supplies, and made a (somewhat) quick and easy gallery wall to give the wall the oomph and drama that it desperately needed. I found eight frames on clearance from Michael’s for $9.99 each, and I also picked up a random assortment of shells, starfish, and sand dollars. Then I added some spray primer, spray adhesive, hot glue, and dark brown linen to the mix.
And I created this gallery wall…
Obviously I have a few things to finish on the wall (like wrangling those cords, and finishing the bottom panels), but the wall finally has the oomph and drama that it’s been desperately needing. And I love the additional texture that it adds to the wall as well. (That’s the coffee table in the bottom of the picture.)
Now the t.v. is no longer the focal point of the wall, which is a very good thing in my opinion.
The entire gallery wall cost less than $150. Not too bad for something that has such huge impact on the room!!
I have a couple more big projects for the room (like reupholstering the pair of mauve chairs that you see in the bottom right corner of the photo above), and then some accessorizing. I can’t wait for it to be finished!! I love the way it’s turning out.
Edit: Here’s how the gallery wall looks in the finished room…