Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by Kristi Linauer
I have seen the ads for Hastens beds for quite some time, but never really paid attention. Well my curiosity finally got the most of me. I couldn’t even fathom how or why a bed could be worth $60,000, so I decided to look into it. I’m really impressed with the construction of these beds, but that’s just a LOT of money!!
So what makes this a $60,000 bed? First of all, each bed is completely handmade. Yes, every stitch is done by hand! And while most beds today are made out of polyester and other man made materials, this bed is made of all natural materials–cotton, wool, flax. But evidently the key “ingredient” is the horsehair.
1. BJ top mattress contains genuine horsehair and cotton/wool. The fabric is 100% cotton.
2. Partly upholstered in cotton stretch fabric, 100% cotton, blue check.
3. Spiral system, 15 cm high with 8-ring springs, individually sprung with firmer springs around the edges.
4. Extra reinforced corner springs and flax corner stuffing.
5. Spiral system, 13 cm high.
6. Extra reinforced corner springs and flax corner stuffing.
7. 9.2 cm high, strengthened wood frame of solid pine.
9. Genuine horsehair.
12. Genuine horsehair.
17. Cotton lining underneath, preventing dust from entering from below and making the underside of the bed easy to vacuum.
The company actually sells beds that range in price from $4750 to $60,000, and their most popular model is right around $15,000.
So when you consider that we spend about 1/3 of our lives in bed, and this bed would no doubt give you a great night’s sleep, what do you think? Is any bed worth $60,000?
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the house by myself. You can learn more about me here.
I hope you’ll join me on my DIY and decorating journey! If you want to follow my projects and progress, you can subscribe below and have each new post delivered to your email inbox. That way you’ll never miss a thing!