Last Updated on November 23, 2012 by Kristi Linauer
When it comes to craft and decorating projects, wine corks are always crowd pleasers. They’re so versatile and have such great texture that adds a touch of nature to any room. If you’ve got a pile of wine corks hidden away, pull them out and get crafting! And if you’re a teetotaler like I am, you might try local restaurants and bars and see if you can take some of their corks off their hands for them. I’ve rounded up 30 different ways for you to craft and decorate with your wine cork stash.
Ready to get inspired? Here we go!
1. Use wine corks to create wine glass charms.
2. Create a wreath with wine corks.
3. Use wine corks as vase fillers with candles or flowers.
4. Create bulletin board push pins with wine corks.
5. Cover the top of a piece of furniture with wine corks.
6. Create a whimsical sculpture with wine corks.
7. Use wine corks to make place card holders.
8. Create a monogram letter with wine corks.
9. Carve wine corks to create mini stamps.
10. Create a wine cork jewelry organizer.
11. Use wine corks to frame artwork or a chalk board.
12. Create freeform artwork with wine corks.
13. Upgrade old cheese knives with new wine cork handles.
14. Create a bulletin board with wine corks.
15. Make a bulletin board/chalkboard combo message board.
16. Create a pretty brooch, bracelet, hair barrette, or necklace.
17. Create unique baseboards with wine corks.
18. Use wine corks as a backsplash.
19. Create dimensional artwork with wine corks.
20. Integrate wine corks into multimedia artwork.
21. Make trivets from wine corks.
22. Line a serving tray with wine corks.
23. Use wine corks as herb garden markers.
24. Create decorative bottle stoppers with wine corks.
25. Make a mud mat out of wine corks.
26. Create decorative garland with wine corks.
27. Turn wine (or champagne) corks into drawer and door pulls.
28. Make a wine cork bath mat.
29. Create a herringbone frame with wine corks.
30. Turn wine corks into keychains.
Do you feel inspired to create some wine cork diy projects now? Do you have a stash tucked away just waiting to be used? Can you think of more ways to use wine corks? If so, please share! Or if you’ve created your own wine cork project, feel free to leave a link in the comments below.
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the house by myself. You can learn more about me here.
I hope you’ll join me on my DIY and decorating journey! If you want to follow my projects and progress, you can subscribe below and have each new post delivered to your email inbox. That way you’ll never miss a thing!