Happy Monday morning to you!! I hope you had a fantastic weekend!
Well, if you’ve shown up today hoping to see my new finished floor cloth, I’m sorry to disappoint. You see, it’s not finished. In fact, I didn’t even touch it all weekend!
‘Well, perhaps the ceiling and trim are finished,‘ you say. Nope. Didn’t touch those either.
I spent the weekend working over at John & Alice’s house. The frustrating thing is that I was over there until 8:00 last night working, and before I left, I got my camera to snap some pictures of the progress to show you. Unfortunately, the sun had gone down, and the lighting in the kitchen and family room isn’t exactly the best. So I wound up with really terrible pics!
Oh well, there will be plenty to come in the future. For now, here’s where we stand…
What once looked like this…
…now looks like this…
Oh, how I wish you could see the colors accurately! They’re really pretty. The wall color is Martha Stewart Rainwater, mixed in Behr paint. The lower cabinet is a Behr color called Elephant Skin, mixed in Sherwin Williams interior oil-based paint in a satin finish, and the upper cabinet a Sherwin Williams color called Alabaster (actually mixed in Sherwin Williams oil-based paint) in a satin finish.
There’s still a loooong way to go, but at least there’s progress!! After being home for what seemed like an eternity with a hubby who sprained his ankle not once, but twice, it felt so good to finally be able to get back to work on this project.
Speaking of getting back to work, I’d better do just that! I know it may be a bit strange, but I actually get really excited when I know I’m going to be spending the day painting with oil-based paint. I love it!