and I’ve been blogging here at Addicted 2 Decorating for over a decade now with one singular vision.
By sharing my own DIY journey in remodeling and decorating our 1948 fixer upper, I hope…
To inspire YOU to put aside fear and self-doubt, pick up those power tools, and dive into your home-related DIY projects so that you can turn your house into the home of your dreams.
So I’m here to cheer you on, and I LOVE hearing about your DIY victories!
But since you clicked on my “about” page, I’m guessing you want to know a bit about me. Here are a few factoids:
- I graduated from Dallas Baptist University in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology — a useless degree that I never used. I could kick myself for choosing that over interior design!
- I traveled all over the world, and even lived in Turkey for a year-and-a-half. Istanbul is my favorite city in the world, and I’d love the opportunity to live there again.
- I married my amazing husband, Matt, in 2002. He’s my biggest cheerleader, but since he’s wheelchair-bound due to multiple sclerosis (with which he was diagnosed two years after we got married), he’s not able to help me with any of the projects on our home.
- When we moved from Oregon to Texas (my home state) in 2005, I started my own interior decorating business, and I worked with clients for seven years. I quit because my passion was DIY, and I longed to get way more involved in projects than an interior decorator does.
- I started this blog in 2007, just after I started my interior decorating business, as an outlet to share my projects. Little did I know that Addicted 2 Decorating would eventually become my full-time job, which was a blessing, as I became Matt’s full-time caretaker as his mobility and abilities declined.
- These days, I’m remodeling and decorating our home — a 1948 fixer upper that we bought in 2013 — one room, one project at a time. I do about 95% of the work myself, from building cabinets to sewing draperies and everything in between. But at times, I do have to call in reinforcements.
And that’s me in a nutshell! 🙂
I’m so glad you’re here! I hope you’ll take a look around, and I hope you’ll find something helpful or inspiring. And please let me know if there’s any way I can help you reach your DIY goals! I’m always eager to share suggestions, opinions, helpful tips, product recommendations, and more.
Wondering where to go from here? Here are a few ideas…
You can take the tour of our current home — the aforementioned 1948 fixer upper that I’ve been remodeling. You can see all of the before and afters of the rooms I’ve remodeled so far, and see my progress and plans for other rooms. Take the full tour here…
Happy DIYing! 🙂