I finally have a concrete plan for John & Alice’s kitchen and family room, and I couldn’t be more thrilled!! I wouldn’t doubt if this ends up being my absolute, all-time favorite room I’ve ever designed.
Here’s the overview:
- The wall color: Martha Stewart Rainwater. Such a gorgeous color!! It’ll look beautiful next to….
- The lower cabinet color: Behr Elephant Skin. I tried a sample on a cabinet door, and it’s definitely the one. It’ll contrast nicely with the upper cabinets, which will be a creamy white.
- Accent color: Martha Stewart Arrowroot. I’m not certain what I’ll be using this on specifically, but perhaps an ottoman, or a coffee table, pillows, etc.
- Accent color: Behr Cracked Pepper. I’m hoping to use this on a piece of furniture that will go on this paneled wall for the television:
- Fabric from Premier Fabrics, found at Fabric.com, which will be used for draperies on the wall of windows.
- Fabric from JoAnn Fabrics, part of the Christopher Lowell collection. This soft chenille fabric is very close to the wall color (just a touch darker), and I’m going to use it to upholster the panels on the wall above, with a nailhead trim around the inside edge of each panel. I’m so excited about this project!!! It’ll be incredibly labor-intensive, but I think the payoff will be well worth the effort. I was inspired by this entryway that I found on Cote de Texas.
- All of these cool colors will be balanced with the use of warm woods. The current crown moulding mantle will be replaced with a weathered wood mantle inspired by Kevin & Layla’s mantle, from The Lettered Cottage.
- Also adding to the warmth will be the butcherblock countertops used in the kitchen.
So there’s the overview! I’m so anxious to get started on it. Just a few more touches on the master bathroom, and then it’s full speed a head on this kitchen and family room!!