Saturday was my first official work day at John & Alice’s house. I got quite a bit done, although I had hoped to do more (the story of my life).
I probably would have gotten much further if I hadn’t had so much trouble getting those darn baseboards up!! Removing existing baseboards isn’t required for installing board and batten. Remember Kimba’s walls?
She kept her existing baseboards, and shares her tips for creating a clean look where the existing baseboards and the new battens meet.
However, I wanted to trade out the existing skimpy little baseboards in John & Alice’s room with something much more substantial, but with the carpet and tack strips in the way, I had a heck of a time getting those baseboard off.
It’s a good thing John & Alice are getting new flooring, because I ended up having to pull the carpet up around the edges!! Even then, getting the baseboards up over the tack strips was a chore, but I managed.
So anyway, let me show you my progress. First, pictures of the room before I started:
Of course, they’ll look completely different when I’m finished with them.)
And now, my progress:
It’s getting there! And the bigger, more substantial baseboards are hidden by the loose carpet edges. But I promise…they’re there!! Once the new flooring is in, they’ll be completely visible.
The day didn’t go off completely without a hitch, because as you can see here…
Hey, when I say I put all of myself into the rooms I decorate, I’m not kidding!!!
Okay, okay…so I had a little mishap with the pneumatic nail gun. Everything’s fine. There’s really nothing to see here. Let’s just move on. 🙂
So installing the rest of the trim will be a breeze. Then begins the time-consuming…and most important…step of the process. The CAULKING!!