Remember last week I told you that I had a drapery installation, and the draperies were 10 1/2 inches too short? Well, crisis averted. PHEW!!
Right up until they were installed yesterday, and I saw with my own eyes that they were long enough, I was still bracing myself for the possibility of having to purchase all new fabric. And of course, since it was my mistake, I would have had to foot that bill myself. Thank goodness for industry standards in drapery fabrication!! Those eight inches in the hem and six inches in the header provided just enough fabric to fix my mistake…with a couple of inches to spare.
So, I’ll show you what it looks like, but first, let me show you what we started with:
It was difficult to get a good picture with the sun streaming through the windows, but the “before” dining room had dark burgandy walls, 1-inch white mini blinds, and two very tall pieces of furniture on opposing walls, which really closed in the space.
Here’s what we’ve done so far:
The tall china cabinet on the left was swapped for a lower sideboard to open up the space visually, the dark burgandy wall color was replaced with a lovely shade of green, the white mini blinds were traded out for natural woven shades, and tall linen drapery panels in a burlap color were added.
And if only you could see those almost-perfectly-mitered angles on those drapery rods!! I cut those myself, and I was so proud. 😀
Still to go on this room: new flooring, area rug, and finishing touches. We’re well on our way.
All of this drapery talk has really made me anxious to work on my own.
I think I may tackle that project this weekend.