Isn’t she beautiful?!
Okay, okay, perhaps I’m being a bit dramatic. I’m sorry if you thought that maybe I had jumped on the new puppy bandwagon, and rushed over here in hopes of seeing an adorable ball of fur. Nope, I already have three furballs (well, four if I count Matt), and that’s more than enough for our compact 834-square-foot condo.
I am, in fact, talking about my new Nikon D3100. My first big girl camera. And while I think she’s beautiful, she intimidates the heck out of me. So far, if I really want to take a picture of something, I keep it on auto…generally with the flash off. But I have taken it off auto a few times just to play around. What I still haven’t done is crack open the owner’s manual. Now that intimidates me.
But while I was poking around on Pinterest the other day, I noticed that people had pinned all kinds of pages on photography tips and DSLR tutorials. That might be just what I need to dip my toe into the pool. I haven’t read all of these, but here are a few links that I plan to keep close at hand:
- Better Bright Blog Photos on Centsational Girl. Kate always has the most gorgeous photos on her blog, so if she’s handing out tips, I’ll take ‘em!
- Snap! Even More Photography Tips on Centsational Girl. Kate rounded up even more great bloggers to spill their photography secrets.
- Digital Photography Tips For Beginners on Digital Photography School. This has a ton of links to different and very specific tutorials.
- 31 Days To A Better Photo on Life With My 3 Boybarians. This looks like a great series, divided into easy-to-swallow chunks of info.
- This fun little SLR Camera Simulator lets you adjust the ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and more to see how they affect the photo.
- And as if that’s not enough, there are about a hundred more tips and tutorials on Pinterest that I found by searching “Photography Tips”.
So with all of that, plus my trusty owner’s manual, there’s absolutely no excuse for me to stay in “auto” mode, right? I can do this. I can do this!!!
Are you in the same boat I’m in, trying to learn how to use your DSLR camera? Or have you mastered it? Do you have any great websites that helped you? If so, let me in on your secrets!!
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the house by myself. You can learn more about me here.
I hope you’ll join me on my DIY and decorating journey! If you want to follow my projects and progress, you can subscribe below and have each new post delivered to your email inbox. That way you’ll never miss a thing!