**I’m still trying to figure out this link party thing. From now on, I think I’ll post the link party on Sundays at or around noon (Central time), and leave it open for submissions until midnight on Monday night.**
Welcome!! It’s time once again to show off what you’ve been working on!
Let me show you what I’ve been working on this weekend…my office!! I finally got a coat (or two) of black paint on the walls. (Please kindly overlook my lack of baseboards.)
I love the color. It’s a deep, dark, rich black called Beluga by Behr (Home Depot). When I was looking at paint chips, I started to second guess myself, and almost went with an off black, but decided to stick with the original plan and go as dark as possible. I’m so glad I did!!
The one thing I’m still unsure about is the sheen that I chose. I’ve never used a paint color this dark, so I just went with a satin sheen like I always use. Well, with black paint, a satin sheen looks more like the semi-gloss sheens that I’m used to seeing in the lighter colors. And because my walls are pretty heavily textured, the texture is really noticeable.
I posted this picture on the A2D Facebook page yesterday, and the reaction was pretty split. Some people really liked the texture, others thought I should go with a flat paint, and still others thought that once the artwork, bulletin boards, draperies, shelves, etc., were in the room, the texture wouldn’t be so noticeable.
As it turns out, I ran out of paint, so I need to purchase another gallon anyway. I had originally thought that if that happened, I would go with a flat paint for the new gallon, but after reading what a couple of people had to say about their experiences with flat paint, now I’m unsure about that as well. I may end up somewhere in between, with an eggshell finish.
But the bottom line: I love the black, the room doesn’t feel dark and closed in like I thought it would, and I think the black will make the perfect backdrop for all of my bright colors that I’ll be bringing in with artwork and fabrics.
I did end up making some pretty huge changes to the floor plan, but I’ll share that info with you later.
So now it’s your turn to show off what you’ve been working on!!
What should you post?
- Décor-related DIY projects;
- Room transformations (outdoor rooms, front porches, patios, and decks count, too!!);
- Furniture before and afters;
- Holiday décor;
- and any other home-related decorating item you’ve worked on.
What should you NOT post?
- Party ideas;
- Kids’ crafts;
- Your Etsy store;
- Your giveaway;
- and anything else not directly related to interior (or even exterior) decorating.
- Add the link to your specific blog post to the link party below (be sure it’s the permalink to a specific post, and not your general blog URL);
- Be aware that if you link here, your project may be highlighted here on the A2D blog, the A2D Inspiration files, or the A2D Facebook page (credited and linked to your blog);
- Grab the code for the button below and add it to your post so that others can join in the fun (or just add a text link on your post leading back here);
- Take a look at other projects linked up here, and be sure to leave comments so they know you’ve visited!!
Psst…Want to get sneak peeks and behind the scenes looks at my projects? Come join us on the A2D Facebook Page!
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the house by myself. You can learn more about me here.