I didn’t get a whole lot crossed off of my to do list yesterday, because I spent quite a bit of time going over the to do list, making another list of materials and supplies I need to get everything done, and heading to Home Depot. That always takes longer than expected, but I did still manage to get some work done when I got home.
You can see my progress here…
Having trouble with that video? You can watch it here on YouTube.
I finally have a ceiling light installed. For that light, I opted for a large, round, simple LED light that kind of looks like a solar tube. I also saw a vanity light that I really liked, so I swapped that out.
I got the mirror hardware painted and installed the mirror, but I don’t think I like it. It just looks small and skimpy, and I really prefer the more substantial look of the mirror in the hallway bathroom…
So I might wait a couple more days and see if this oval mirror grows on me, or you might see a post from me tomorrow showing a new mirror. 🙂
I got the vanity raised using 1 1/2-inch dowels, but I can’t cross that off of my list just yet because I still need to do some caulking or wood filling, and then paint them to match the legs.
And look! An outlet! It still doesn’t work because I need to install one more outlet before I can hook up this circuit, but at least this one is installed.
And that gap between the vanity countertop and the bottom of the tile is gone. As soon as I get those two missing tiles attached to the right of the outlet, I can get this part of the tile grouted.
And finally, I had a window fail. I tried to put window film on the bottom half of the window, but I accidentally tore the corner while trying to trim it and had to pull it off. That left these areas of sticky adhesive behind, so now I have to get some Goo Gone or something like that and get the sticky stuff off before I can try again. Ugh. Two steps forward, one step back.
So it was slow going on Day 1. My list looks like this…
- Raise vanity 1/2 inch (in progress, but still needs paint)
- Install HVAC air duct vent
Install ceiling lightDone!
- Install crown molding
- Put a clear coat protective finish on the upper walls (just on the “wallpaper” design)
- Install wall trim — chair rail, picture frame molding, baseboards
- Finish installing the tile and then grout
- Wood fill, sand, caulk prime and paint all of the trim
- Paint the bathroom door and install the pull
Hang the mirrorDone! But unsure if I like it.
- Install two outlets and outlet/switch covers (in progress!)
- Finish the wall design and remove all of the tape
- Install the toilet
- Print and frame photo print for wall
- Find a privacy solution for the window (tried and failed…I’ll try again today)
Now that I have all of my materials and supplies, I should be able to spend more time today actually working and making progress. I hope to have more to show you tomorrow!