Remember this drapery sneak peek I showed you a couple of weeks ago?
Well, they were finally installed last week, so now I have photos to show you!
You’ll notice that I ended up changing the trim on them. And while that may sound like a simple task, it actually involved taking them completely apart and basically starting over. I’m so glad that I made the change, though, because the replacement trim was a MUCH better choice. I learned a very valuable lesson: Never use braided upholstery trim horizontally on draperies. Using it on the vertical is fine, but using it horizontally makes it impossible for the pleats to hang correctly.
So here’s a look at the final draperies. Keep in mind that the room isn’t finished. I think it definitely needs a little somethin’ above the t.v. Possibly some decorative plates? A couple of shelves? Let me know if you have any brilliant ideas.
Unfortunately, all I had was my cheap little point and snap camera, which has a terrible flash on it, so the photos turned out grainy and washed out (especially the first one…it’s AWFUL!). When the room is finished, I’ll get much better photos, but these will do for now.
We used a really nice linen blend on these, with a Parisian pleat at the top. I love Parisian pleats! Parisian pleats are stitched right at the very top, and fan out at towards the bottom of the pleat, where standard pinch pleats are stitched about three or four inches down from the top, and fan out slightly at the top. It’s a very small difference, and I really do like both types of pleats, but Parisian pleats are a slightly updated look from the traditonal pleats.
I can’t wait to show you the finished room! Right now, there has been a snag with the flooring. They homeowners had intended to install some type of hardwood or hardwood-look flooring, but because of some different issues with pets, subfloor, etc., that part of the project has stalled. Hopefully a solution can be found so that this room can be completed. It’ll be gorgeous!