Last Updated on October 12, 2012 by Kristi Linauer
I finally remembered to get a picture of the finished wingback chairs! First, let’s take a look at how these started out…
Not only was the color all wrong, but they also seemed a bit heavy with all of that tufting on the seats and the nailhead trim. They were also not very well padded. The foam on the front of the chair back stood a good two inches away from the springs, so when someone sat down in the chair, the back would sink in. They weren’t comfortable at all!
Now the chairs have fresh new fabric on them. We did away with the nailhead trim and the seat tufting, which gave the original chairs a very frumpy look.
So much better, right?! I love how these look in the room. Now I just have to Scotchgard the heck out of ‘em.
This certainly was no easy project. Neither my mom nor I do very much upholstering, so every time we tackle an upholstery project, we have to re-learn quite a bit, which means trial and error. And believe me, we made PLENTY of errors, and had countless do-overs. But we definitely learned from them! The first chair took us two days to complete, and the second one took us one day.
I haven’t had time to write up the full DIY tutorial yet, but if you missed the “intro to upholstery” post last week, you can click here to see it.
I’m working like a crazy woman to get the family room and kitchen finished. Hopefully I can show you the full reveal next week!!
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the house by myself. You can learn more about me here.
I hope you’ll join me on my DIY and decorating journey! If you want to follow my projects and progress, you can subscribe below and have each new post delivered to your email inbox. That way you’ll never miss a thing!