Yesterday was just one of those days. You know what I mean? Just one of those days when all of the pressures of life start pressing in from all directions, and you feel like you’re about to snap. One of those days when you feel like you might be headed towards some sort of psychotic break that could very possibly land you as the featured story on the evening news.
Yeah…one of those days. 😀
It’s never pretty for any of us, but when you’re a fiery-tempered blogger like I am, and your crazy spills out online, well…you know it’s time to take a step back, take a deep breath, and possibly even get some therapy. 😀
Well, I don’t have time for actual therapy, so I did the next best thing. (Actually, in my humble opinion, the best thing.)
Remember that awkward storage cabinet that was above the tub in the hallway bathroom?
Well, yesterday afternoon I grabbed a hammer and a ladder, and I went to town on that sucker. I beat the heck out of that thing, and while probably at least half of the beating and whacking was completely unnecessary for the actual removal of the cabinet, it sure did feel good.
I still couldn’t get that one big piece out. I’ll need to get a circular saw after it today, which is fine, because I’m in a much better head space today. I didn’t do it yesterday because…well…a circular saw in the hands of a crazy mad woman on the verge of a mental break is almost never a good idea. 😀
Seriously…demolition therapy, people! It works wonders, saves money on actual therapy, and is the single best thing about owning an old house!
Anyway, I have people ask me all the time about my ceiling, and if I’m going to add crown moulding in my living room. So this is a good time for me to actually show y’all what I’m dealing with.
The ceilings in the entire original part of the house (with the exception of Matt’s game room that has paneling) is covered with polystyrene ceiling tiles that are attached to 1×4’s that have been nailed into the ceiling. This is in the living room, entryway, original dining room, kitchen, my office, bedroom, hallway bathroom, and the hallway.
Obviously I want to get rid of these before I add any crown moulding in the house, but I don’t want to remove them until….
(C’mon…say it along with me…)
Until we level the foundation. 🙂
Only then will I remove them, see what condition the drywall is in, do any needed drywall repair, add recessed lighting and reposition existing lighting, and then finally add crown moulding.
Anyway, I’m obviously not going to start actually working on the bathroom just yet. I already have too many projects started for me to get sidetracked with yet another. This served its purpose yesterday, and now I’ll head back to the living room (after I take a circular saw to that one remaining piece). After all, I’ve got a fireplace to build!! 😀
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the house by myself. You can learn more about me here.