Okay, obviously I’m not being serious. If you know me but at all, then you know there’s no way in heck that I’d ever pay $1000 for a headboard. Okay, let’s be real. I’d never pay $200 for a headboard!! But that’s because I’m cheap, and I do things myself.
But after I got my headboard made this weekend, I started poking around online to see just how much someone would have to pay for something comparable to my new headboard. I was pretty shocked.
I found this one from Restoration Hardware for $795…
It’s pretty, but it doesn’t have a nailhead trim.
I found this one from Calico Corners.
As you can see, that’s just a plain ‘ole wrap-and-staple headboard…no nailhead trim…and it starts at $695 for a twin size!! Yikes!!
This one from Bassett was my original inspiration…
That’s gorgeous, and it actually does have a nailhead trim. The cost for a queen size is $649.
And last, there’s this one from Ballard Designs, with the price starting at $619 for a queen…
And while all of those are nice, I have to say that my version, for less than $150, is actually my favorite…
Here’s the breakdown:
Remnant fabric from local fabric store, on sale: $15
1 piece of 1/2-inch MDF: $22
Spray adhesive: $10
Packaged polyester batting, queen size: $10 (with coupon)
Nailheads: $6 (I used approximately 300 for a queen size headboard)
Hangman hardware (to hang headboard on wall): $10
Staples for staple gun: $3
Foam: $45 (with coupon)
More bedroom details coming up tomorrow. Hey…I worked my fingers to the bone this weekend on my bedroom. You can’t expect me to show you everything all at once, now can you?! 😀
I’ve linked this post to:
- Check Me Out Saturday at A Vision To Remember
- Weekend Wrapup Party at Tatertots and Jello
- Saturday Is Crafty Day at Along For The Ride
- Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
- Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different…Act Normal
- The Sunday Showcase Party at Under The Table and Dreaming
- The DIY Living Weekly Showcase at The DIY Club
- It’s So Very Creative at It’s So Very Cheri
- Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
- Making The World Cuter Monday
- Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple