Now that the condo is finished, I’m trying to get back into the swing of things at the house. I’m still not quite on track, simply because I had taken so many of my tools over to the condo to use there, and I’m still unpacking those and trying to get things organized here at the house. But hopefully I’ll be able to start back to work on the house today.
I’m so anxious to get started on my dining room and entryway, but the first order of business is to finish the bathroom remodel. If you’ll remember, it started out looking like this…
I started on the bathroom remodel at the end of January and worked on it consistently until Matt’s dad came to visit on April 15th. During his two week stay, we switched gears to work on stuff that I couldn’t do by myself (i.e, drywalling the ceilings). When he left, I kind of lost momentum for a while, and then focused seriously on the condo in order to get it finished.
And now here I am, back at the house, and needing to finish this remodel so that I can move on to the next room.
I really am so close to finishing! Even without it finished, it looks like a completely different room, as it should since I literally took it down to the studs, floor joists and ceiling joists.
So what’s left to do in order to finish up this room? I need to…
- Install the fan/light above the tub;
- Tile the ceiling above the tub;
- Re-hem the shower curtain (since I cut it in two 😀 );
- Add trim above the shower to hide the shower curtain rod and grommets;
- Finish the trim on the wall by the linen storage cabinet/shelves;
- Prime and paint the wall by the linen storage cabinet;
- Sand, caulk, and paint the crown moulding;
- Prime and paint the linen storage cabinet/shelves;
- Add LED lights to the linen storage shelves;
- Add artwork and accessories.
I think if I really put my mind to it, I can get this remodel finished in about a week. That’s an exciting thought! Now let’s see if I can actually do it. 🙂